South Manchester Synagogue regards the lawful and correct treatment of personal information important to maintaining confidence between those with whom we deal and ourselves.
South Manchester Synagogue treats personal information lawfully and correctly. To this end South Manchester Synagogue fully endorses and adheres to the principles of data protection, as set out in the Data Protection Act 1998.
Specifically, the personal information:
- shall be processed fairly and lawfully
- shall be obtained only for one or more specified and lawful purposes
- shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive
- shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date
- shall not be kept longer than is necessary
- shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under the Act
- shall be kept secure
- not transferred to countries without adequate protection
Further information regarding the Data Protection Act can be found on the Government’s website.